LA Media Reform
Helping Angelenos become citizen mediamakers as well as critical consumers of corporate mass media
* Does the media tell your story fairly, if at all?
* Are you happy with the coverage of issues you care about?
* Does mainstream media inform you or distract you?
* How do we use the media to bring about change?
* Do you want to make a difference?
If you are as concerned that our democracy is being usurped by today’s media, that communities are being harmed by the absence of local issues covered by mainstream media, and that diverse groups lack access to the media, now is the time to act!
We’re looking for organizations and individuals to:
* Co-sponsor the event
* Advertise in the program and/or buy an exhibit table
* Propose workshops
* ATTEND the event
* Provide in-kind or other donations
LA Progressive’s Dick & Sharon are part of the organizing committee. We encourage you to participate and attend. If you’d like to organize a workshop, suggest a speaker or topic, or cosponsor the event, please go here to learn more.
We are looking for people who are excited about empowering people to utilize the media, fight for social justice and preserve our democracy through a variety of tools, outlets and approaches. If you are interested in proposing a breakout session topic or speaker, please contact us at [email protected]