- What is gentrification?
- What are the broader social, economic, and political forces that influence or speed up this process?
- What are the cultural and societal effects of gentrifying neighborhoods?
- What can we do to ensure that people can afford to stay in the areas where they live?
Join the Occidental Chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) in collaboration with the ACLU Pasadena/Foothills chapter, Highland Park Neighborhood Council, La Raza Coalition, and the ASOC Renewable Energy and Sustainability Fund for our first forum of the semester on gentrification.
We will host a panel of four experts and community activists who will discuss these questions and more as we delve into this complex and timely issue.
The panel will be moderated by Diego Silva. He is a staff member at the Occidental Office of Student Life, a longtime resident of Highland Park, and serves as Vice President of the Highland Park Neighborhood Council.
- Rosemarie Molina – Lead Organizer, LA Raise the Wage Campaign
- Harvey Slater – Highland Park Neighborhood Council, Land Use Committee Chair
- Miguel Ramos – NELA Alliance Organizer
- and one more to be announced shortly!
This event is free and open to the community!
For questions, please contact Julia Gould at email@example.com or Baillee Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org