It’s time that liberals stop trying to scare disillusioned activists with the prospect of a Republican presidency and start trying to scare the White House and the Democratic leadership into doing something to show they are worthy of activists votes.
For starters, they need to
- Repeal the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) with its provisions for preventive detention
- Close the Guantanomo Bay detention camp (GITMO)
- Stop using massive force, with Homeland Security collaboration, to evict peaceful Occupy protesters
- Fire Arne Duncan as Secretary of Education and replace him with a lifetime educator.
- Come out in favor of legalizing marijuana and releasing non-violent drug offenders
- Fire the entire White House economic team, beginning with Secretary of Treasury Timothy Geithner
If they don’t do that, don’t be surprised if lots of folks who worked for Obama in 2012 either sit out the election or vote for a Third Party candidate.