I am running for reelection to the Santa Monica College Board of Trustees in the upcoming November election. As with each of my previous elections, the support of my friends, family, and colleagues makes the critical difference in the success of my campaign. I simply cannot win without your support.
I believe in the community college system and its critical role in providing high-quality educational opportunities for a diverse cross section of our communities. During my service on the board, this belief has been transformed into action. SMC provides an excellent, accessible, affordable, and safe education for students while addressing important campus and community issues. Here are some of the things I am proud that we have been able to accomplish:
- #1 in transfers to UCLA and the UCs for 31 consecutive years
- #1 in transfers to USC and Loyola Marymount College
- Timely response to COVID crisis enabling students to safely continue their studies and receive support services online
- Award-winning Career and Technical Education programs
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion with initiatives for students, faculty, and staff.
- Leader in Environmental Sustainability
- Perfect audits for the past 16 years
I am additionally proud of my work to achieve:
- Founding of the Public Policy Institute at SMC
- Free tuition for first-time full-time students from local high schools
- Priority enrollment for Santa Monica and Malibu residents
- Partnerships with Santa Monica, Malibu, and SMMUSD
- Protection of the Emeritus Program from proposed state budget cuts
- Expansion of in-demand workforce development programs
- Support for our excellent faculty and staff
- Strong fiscal management
- Facilitation of effective and successful community collaboration
Please join Congressman Ted Lieu, County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl, State Senator Ben Allen, Assembly Member Richard Bloom and Assembly Member Jacqui Irwin, California Board of Equalization Member Tony Vazquez. L.A. County Assessor Jeff Prang, Santa Monica Mayor Sue Himmelrich, SMC Faculty Association, California School Employees Association – SMC Chapter 36, Community for Excellent Public Schools, Santa Monicans for Renters’ Rights, Los Angeles County Democratic Party, Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, Black Agenda Santa Monica, UNITE HERE local 11, Santa Monica Democratic Club, Stonewall Democratic Club, Westside Young Democrats, Santa Monica Forward, and elected officials and leaders from Santa Monica and Malibu, organizations, friends and neighbors in supporting my candidacy.
I want to continue to make a difference at SMC. However, running a campaign is expensive. Please donate what you can at bit.ly/NancyDonationForm or send a check made payable to Reelect Nancy Greenstein for College Board 2022 to 2016 Euclid St #8, Santa Monica, CA. 90405. Your donation is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
P.S. if you would like to add your name to the list of endorsements, please let me know by responding to this email or at bit.ly/NancyEndorsementForm.