As you know, the ACLU of Southern California is committed to universal coverage and was extensively involved in the fight to pass the Affordable Care Act and expand its reach here in California.
Due to collective efforts in California over the last five years, we have dramatically lowered CA’s overall uninsured population, reduced the children’s uninsured rate to 3% and led the nation by following our values in expanding coverage to undocumented kids.
There’s so much at stake. Repeal or replacement of the ACA, roll-backs in funding and structural changes to Medicaid and Medicare means:
- California could lose up to $35 billion for state health programs, funding which could not viably be replaced
- 7.5 million people could lose their health coverage in CA; 20 million in the country
- Protections from discrimination and/or exorbitant costs for coverage would be shredded
- Reproductive health care and preventative services on the chopping block
- California’s most vulnerable low-income, seniors, and people living with disabilities will be left without a safety-net
The time is now to take our fight to the Streets, to the Legislature and beyond. Will you join us?
WHAT: Protect Our Health Care Rally
WHEN: Tuesday, November 22nd @ 11:00 AM (try to be there by 10:45 AM)
WHERE: Sidewalk and steps of LAC/USC Medical Center (Right Across Clinica Romero)
ADDRESS: 2051 Marengo Street, Los Angeles, CA
PARKING: Metered street parking (bring quarters) / Paid parking structure on Marengo / Limited free parking at Clinica Romero / Paid parking at the Hospital (enter through Marengo)
The ACLU SoCal will be participating in this Tuesday’s rally and are part of a growing coalition uniting to protect our health care and push forward toward the promise of quality, comprehensive, universal healthcare for all. Please join us! More info below. Also, please share the Facebook event here.
For additional questions and ways to get involved in our ACLU SoCal economic justice fights ahead, please email or call me at email@example.com or 213-977-5241.
ACLU of Southern California
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 LA Progressive