The image of humorless Canada just got whacked apart like a piñata.
A pair of Montreal radio comedians, one of whom pretended to be Nicholas Sarkozy, managed to get Palin to believe she was speaking with the French president for nearly five minutes yesterday. Among other things, she laughs and agrees to go helicopter hunting with Sarkozy when he said he likes to kill “small animals.” Palin also gushes over Carla Bruni, Sarkozy’s model-singer wife.
When the radio comic tells her they have a lot in common because he can see Belgium from his house, Palin agrees noting the analogy between the American relationship with Russia and the French relationship with Belgium.
If you're born in Milwaukee, you are born a Democrat. And so I gravitated naturally to liberal politics, first as journalist and then an activist. I've been writing since I was eight years old and, after working in newsrooms for far too long, I have devoted much of the past decade as an independent investigtative journalist. When not writing about politics or George Bush, I scribble out essays on the peculiarites of modern times.
Recent Articles by Charley James:
- The “Special Relationship” Frays: British Gov’t Investigating CIA Officers For Torture
- GOP Voter Suppression May Stop Joe the Plumber From Voting
- Excuse Me, But I Am A Real American
- What Happened To GOP Outrage Over $400 Haircuts?
- The GOP Hope Chest: Three Possible “October Surprises”