With apologies and thanks to the Czech playwright, Karel Capek, whose 1921 play R.U.R. (Rossum’s Universal Robots), captured the essence and purpose of today’s GOP robotic politicians. In Capek’s play, the word “robot” was introduced to the English language as well as to the science fiction era. Capek’s ‘robots’ were somehow made by a substance much like human beings, but today’s Republican ‘robots’ are made strictly of U.S. dollars and their billion dollar lobbyists.
If the ‘robot’ thesis is questioned by the reader, next time you view a clip of the embittered, embattled Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker at one of its’ many of press conferences, one can witness the empirical proof of Republican Roboticism.
Note when the GOP Walker robot, as it monotones a mechanical union busting, anti-teacher, anti-first responder speech, its’ eyes and head robotically scan an imaginary audience. After reaching a certain apogee and then stops, its’ head snaps back and robotically reverses the scan.
All GOP robot models are programmed with specific daily attack/talking points and are preset to be repeated endlessly, often using the very same Frank Luntz power point words of the talking points.
Among the various models available, all were pre-programmed:
- The W Bush model: “I don’t care where Osama bin Laden is, I just don’t think about him anymore.”
- Cheney Fear model: “Without torture, we would not have caught bin Laden.”
- The Rummy model: “We knew where the nuclear weapons were in Iraq. They’re in the North, South, East and West of Iraq.”
- The Karl Rove W model: “Of course we’re winning the war in Iraq. If it weren’t for President Bush, we’d be under a mushroom cloud by now.”
- Condoleezza Rice model: “I believe the title of the report was ‘Bin Laden Determined to Attack inside the United States.'”
Some of the more notable Fox robot models:
- Bill O’Reilly; The Billy Bully Bad Boy robot. “Americans will respect your beliefs if you just keep them private.”
- Sean Hannity; Is dumb as a rock on Iraq and all other matters. “It doesn’t say anywhere in the Constitution this idea of the separation of church and state.”
- Greta Van Susteren: Born again robot makeover. “Unfortunately this is a free society, and we’re gonna’ have people with trucks, and people with bombs.”
- Karl Rove: Robot opinion maker was original dirty trick programming. “As people do better, they start voting Republican – unless they have too much education and vote Democratic, which proves there can be too much of a good thing.”
- Glenn Beck; Obsolete messiah model being yanked from on air service for repairs and new programming. “I’m thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I’m wondering if I could kill him myself or if I would need to hire somebody to do it…”
- Rush Limbaugh hate model robot: Oxycotin addicted; “Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream.”
- Koch Brothers; David and Charles, 42 Billion with a B dollars, between them. Gave unlimited funds and support to the vast right wing and corporate media, thanks to Citizens United. The Koch’s are prime makers and manufacturers of right wing robots and creators of the Tea Party.
- Rupert Murdock: The rude, crude media maggot of Fox News. Not only the maker of Fox News auto robots, but a large media empire throughout the U.S. and the whole world. (Now in his hands) “Our reputation is more important than the last hundred million dollars.”
The question remains: How do we the people coup with the unlimited source of funds to the radical right wing robots?
It appears the good people of Wisconsin have shown us the way. We need to use the recall when we can, insist on legitimate voting rather the voter suppression or fraud from the privatized Republican owned and operated voting machines and data counting systems and or eliminate the alleged problems created out the trumped up problems that the Republican’s falsely create.
Jerry Drucker is a freelance writer and screenwriter, political progressive letter writer, a member of Valley Democrats United, Democratic Club of Camarillo and Valley Grassroots for Democracy. A graduate of the UCLA Film School, Jerry was voted as the 41st AD Man of the Year for 2008 by the LA County Democratic Party Members.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2011 LA Progressive