On the 6th and 7th day of November 2020, this year's Breeders' Cup World Championships will take place at the race track of Keeneland, Lexington, Kentucky. Undoubtedly, the contenders, along with their trainers and jockeys, are busy preparing for this big event.
Bettors are also excited to witness and win big prizes in the Breeders' Cup. But placing a bet on horses can be a terrifying venture especially for the novice bettors or the amateurs. Apart from its obscure vocabulary is the probability of losing the hard-earned money put on a bet. As such, here are some vocabulary and tips that are ahead for you.
Know the 2020 Breeders' Cup Event Information
If you want to place a bet on your favorite Breeders' Cup contender, you should know the essential information about this year's horse racing event.
Breeders' Cup 2020 event will be run for the same amount of $31 million in purses and awards in 2019. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Breeders' Cup 2020 will only be run with limited necessary attendees in-charge to run the races and the participants, including the horsemen, owners, and jockeys.
However, there are many ways to catch the race to not miss a minute of the prestigious World Championships. Here are some ways to watch:
- Live streaming events on Youtube and Facebook during the scheduled week of the Breeders' Cup.
- Live broadcast from the official media partner of Breeders' Cup, the NBC Sports & TVG.
- Breeders' Cup mobile application is available on App Store and Google Play for live streaming events.
- Visit Breederscup.com for all live streams.
- Friday, 11/6 2:00 PM – 5:30 PM ET Future Stars Friday Show
- Saturday, 11/7 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM ET Championship Saturday
Bet on your favorite
It may seem a little early to eye on a favorite, but if you’re one looking for the best bet for this year's Breeders' Cup with a blazing jackpot prize and giveaways of $6 million, this is for you. As such, Meeting these five from ten Breeders' Cup contenders vying for the title can be a great betting strategy.
- Maximum Security presently pulling in +500 Breeders' Classic. Though he placed 17th spot during the Kentucky Derby, Maximum Security since birth, he had won several racing titles. He won some of his enormous titles this year in the San Diego Handicap, Pacific Classic Stakes, and in the Saudi Handicap.
- Charlatan (+1000) is finally back on track this November after having an ankle injury from Triple Crown road recently this year. To be on the Breeders' Cup, 2020 is Charlatan's way to retrieve what he missed in the Triple Crown race.
- Monomy Girl (+1400) is a virtuoso winning many stakes races since birth. Monomy Girl is one with a spectacular record. A titleholder for this years' Ruffian Stakes and La Troienne Stakes and the previous year's titleholder for the Kentucky Oaks and the Longines Breeders' Cup Distaff.
- Uncle Chuck (+1200), the son of Uncle Mo, takes the fifth rank pulling in +1200 Breeders' Classic. Since his debut, he worked in two stakes races only where he won his first title on his first stakes and placing the 6th spot on his second stakes.
- Tacitus (+1600) is definitely not going to miss this year's big racing show placing in the 10th in the Breeders' Cup ranking. This year, he began his racing journey in the Saudi Cup, settling in the 5th place and joining other three-horse racings after.
Familiarize the Different Types of Wagers
- Win: This bet on a horse means the contender finishes first before the bettors get paid.
- Place: This bet on a horse means if the colt placed 1st or 2nd, the bettors will win.
- Show: This bet on a horse means if the horse finishes 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, the bettors will win.
- Exacta: Placing a correct bet on the 1st and 2nd place horses in exact order.
- Trifecta: Placing a correct bet on the order of finish of the first three horses in win to Show and Place position.
- Superfecta: Placing a bet by predicting the correct order of the first four horses to finish the race.
- Super High Five: Placing a bet by predicting the correct order of the first five horses to finish the race.
- Pick 5: Bettors who placed a correct bet on the winners of five consecutive, designated races earlier than the first initial race in the sequence.
Surely, this new season will pave the way to open opportunities for the enthusiasts of horse racing. The contenders will surely give a good show for everyone this year as much as how good this sounds.