One of the most relevant questions in business today is whether it is possible to leverage human interaction to improve digital experiences. Mass media texts and agenda research are the best way to analyze digital human interaction and detect its gaps. This post is based on in-depth critical discourse analysis of various media texts related to communication between people now, both live and digital.
Based on the recent surveys and media texts, even in the digital age, customers trust personal experiences and choose live human interaction instead of the virtual one.
Based on the recent surveys and media texts, even in the digital age, customers trust personal experiences and choose live human interaction instead of the virtual one. The studies show that most of the clients of different online businesses are looking for the following things:
- Improved human service (40%)
- A larger number of integrated channels (20%)
- Diverse and regularly updated content (15%)
- Web help or avatars (15%)
- Support of the social communities (5%)
No virtual communication is valued as much as the live one. Thus, companies that provide live customer support, for instance, benefit more than those using robots to communicate with clients.
The information presented further in the text is based on critical discourse analysis. If you decide to use the information provided in this article or links below, check out how to cite a research paper first.
Reasons to Keep on Mastering “Human Skills”
To investigate the merging need for human and social skills, experts considered a novel approach known as the Critical Discourse Analysis (CDA). With its help, it was found that neither artificial intelligence not chatbots can replace some of the “human skills” required for successful communication. The integral part of any business is still a set of such qualities as:
- Critical thinking
- Active listening
Many online users feel uncomfortable when trying to solve their problems with robots. Even though there are numerous tools aimed at developing these skills, they demand human interaction. That is why it is not that easy to develop these interpersonal skills. If the company manages to handle this barrier and hire support representatives with powerful communication skills, it has all the chances to expand the customer base and increase revenues in less than half a year.
Improving Digital Communication Based on CDA Findings
A critical discourse analysis helped to realize how to improve digital communication by means of human interaction. Active usage of social media platforms helps to improve communication. What a company can do is organize special courses to develop the interpersonal skills of its employees. The analysis detected several things that can be useful:
- Creating a better learning experience
- Offering new opportunities for observation
- Face-to-face sharing
- Applying for the learning benefits
Off-the-job training is a critical step to success. Staff should learn how to reply to the requests of their customers, provide the support at a premium level, and persuade the clients to choose their services. That is why the demand for continuously ensuring managers is high. Organizations that would like to improve their supply chains, decrease inventory levels, or minimize the working capital should think about hiring such experts.
These conclusions were based on numerous discourse analyses. As a business owner or enthusiastic employee, you may find it useful to learn how to conduct this type of analysis.
How to Conduct a Critical Discuss Analysis
What is critical discourse analysis? It is a methodology that makes it possible to vigorously evaluate what is meant when language is used to interpret something. The agenda is common for all discourse analyses: to systematically observe opaque correlations and determination between:
- Discursive practices, pieces of content, and events;
- Social & cultural structures and procedures;
- Explore how such procedures occur and are influenced by relations of power and struggles.
Critical discourse analysis is an effective way to analyze social media and virtual communications. Here are some helpful tips to let you handle it.
- Establish the context. Jot down where the material comes from and how it relates to the research question or topic of your interest. Define both the social and historical context of the issue.
- Investigate the production process. After analyzing the authors of the selected materials, collect more information by having a look at the publisher of the content. By evaluating the newspaper or magazine where the chosen material was published, you can decide whether the audience can trust the information or not. Check the publisher’s credibility. Keep in mind that medium matters: define the genre of content properly. Identify if the source is primary or secondary.
- Get ready for analysis - plan the way to evaluate the source (if it is a hard copy, get several duplicates, highlight the necessary points using the highlighter, add references, etc.
- Code your sources. Assign the particular units of evaluation, such as passages, sentences, or separate words & phrases. Some professional research tools are available online to help with the stage of coding.
- Test the structure of the piece. Decide how many sections the work should contain, and try to follow the commonly recommended structure: intro, body, and conclusion.
- Observe discursive statements. The collection of such statements will make it possible to map out the dogmas on every basic topic.
The final steps include: defining cultural references, determining linguistic mechanisms, explaining the data, and presenting the results. That is how to get ready with critical discourse analysis.
You can read more about the CDA in this study. It will help to understand how to prepare for research, collect and assess sources, use equipment and tools, and other things necessary to analyze different issues.