All organs and systems of the human body are inextricably linked with the nervous system, since it ensures the functioning and is responsible for the consistency of the work of the human internal organs. A deviation in the work of nerves causes neurological diseases, which are the subject of neurologist in Queens profile.
Why is it important to visit neurologist in Queens
The nervous system controls the following neurological functions of the body:
• blood pressure;
• heart operation;
• work of organs and systems;
• higher nervous activity (speech, writing, reading, counting, etc.);
• sensitive and motor connection of organs and tissues in the human body;
• pelvic function (urination);
Assistance in the diagnosis and treatment of such illnesses is provided by a neurologist in Forest Hills NY.
These functions explain the role of the nervous system in the human body and the need for constant monitoring of its state, which implies observation by a specialist in the field of neurological diseases. Assistance in the diagnosis and treatment of such illnesses is provided by a neurologist in Forest Hills NY.
Specificity ofneurologist’s job
A neurologist in Queens NY is a doctor who specifically assists people who have complaints related to damage to the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves. The doctor provides the consultation and treatment of such disorders as:
- back pain;
- impaired consciousness and mobility;
- violation of movements in the arms and legs;
- memory and attention loss;
- chronic pain;
Besides, a neurologist in Queens consults, examines and accompanies the patient throughout the entire process of treating one or another condition of the nervous system. So, for example, back pain, which is the most common reason for visiting a neurologist in Forest Hills NY, can be divided into 4 types: pain emanating from intervertebral joints, discs, intervertebral roots and spasm of the paravertebral muscles. Such pain usually leads to osteochondrosis, less often coccygodynia and sacroiliitis.
What does a neurologist in Queens NY treat?
In fact, the variety of diseases that are included into the competence of a neurologist, is pretty vivid. So, this specialist conducts the treatment the following neurological diseases:
• Vascular: hemorrhage (rupture of the vessel), ischemic stroke (overlap of the vessel lumen);
• Traumatic (traumatic brain injury, concussion, bruises of mild and severe severity, diffuse axonal injury);
• Diseases of the cerebrospinal fluid system (hydrocephalus, isolated ventricle, intracranial hypertension);
• Infectious: (neurosyphilis, neuro AIDS, herpetic lesions of the brain);
• Parasitic (opisthorchiasis, echinococcosis);
• Autoimmune (multiple sclerosis and other demyelinating neurological diseases);
• Degenerative (Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease);
• Oncological (membranous neoplasms, neuroepithelial tumors);
• Fungal lesions of the central nervous system;
• Primary (without damage to the substance of the brain), symptomatic (with brain or blood vessels damage) and epilepsy etc.
Neurologist in Queens cures the above-listed neurological diseases, since their specialization is directly related to helping people suffering from illnesses of the central and peripheral nervous systems.
Reasons for diseases of the nervous system
There are a lot of factors that may contribute to the onset and development of neurological conditions:
- Violation of the regime of work and rest;
- Eating disorders;
- Lack of physical activity;
- Unhealthy lifestyle (smoking, alcoholism, drug addiction);
- Poor hygiene;
- Infectious disorders;
- Concomitant neurological diseases;
Late diagnosis can cause serious repercussions, so it’s vital to prevent various illnesses of the nervous system, make an appointment with a professional neurologist in Queens.