The online world of interaction today is so flooded with social media platforms that it’s easy to wonder how all the platforms manage to stay afloat. Moreover, they tend to offer the same services. However, as a business person, if you look closely, you’ll notice that, after all, these social media platforms aren’t identical. There are a few significant differences that make their usage worlds apart, and thus, you can have a presence in all of them to realize diverse benefits for your businesses.
A casino business, for example, can leverage social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn simultaneously by broadcasting messages to boost interaction and brand awareness in different ways. For instance, Twitter and Facebook could be for tournament and bonus updates, whereas YouTube could be for explainer videos of how to play games on the site like Vulkan Bet. On the other hand, LinkedIn could be used as a professional hub that showcases the brand to affiliates and potential business partners.
Well, to put everything into perspective, let’s take a closer look at the five most popular types of social media networks, and how intelligent marketers and entrepreneurs can take advantage of them to reach a larger audience. Let’s dig in!
1. Social Networks - Connect with People
We’re all familiar with major social media networking channels such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. As networking sites, these channels help us link up with family, friends, and various brands online. The platforms promote the sharing of information and are all about human-to-human communication.
A social networking website is an all-rounder. Consumers get to create content, upload videos and photos, and form discussion groups where they can share opinions.
A social networking website is an all-rounder. Consumers get to create content, upload videos and photos, and form discussion groups where they can share opinions. To cut a long story short, these networking sites are built around the consumer and all that’s significant to them and their social cliques or rather users who have similar interests. You can thus use social media networks to boost your business by:
- Getting in touch with your target audience via advertisements as these social networking sites foster huge and diverse demographics.
- Using engagement analytics to easily understand the type of audience that’s most interested in what you're marketing.
- Engaging with your fans and followers, come across like-minded clients or potential business partners via groups and hashtags, and establish connections.
2. Social Review Networks – Obtain and Review Businesses
Think of a situation where you’re planning to purchase a new product or planning a trip abroad. The very first thing you’ll do is look for the reviews, right?
Review websites such as TripAdvisor, Zomato, Glassdoor, Yelp, and even Amazon usually display both positive and negative reviews from community members for every kind of location, experience, or product. This eradicates lots of guesswork that goes into booking a hotel or buying a given product. Therefore, if you're not sure the product or service is not the right one for you, you can have a look at the reviews, and you'll certainly know. By taking a closer look at what your user or customers are saying in the reviews, your businesses will have a range of benefits, which include:
- Understanding the consumer’s perspective and single out what's working or find out areas that require improvement.
- Solving any potential problems before they become a huge deal.
- Discovering new opportunities by introducing new products and services that consumers may be interested in.
3. Media Sharing Sites - Share Videos, Photos, and Other Media
As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words, and for sure, media sharing networks have thrived on that concept. Visual content, such as images and infographics, captures our eyes, hearts, and imaginations. Thus, social media platforms, such as Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat, are meant to strengthen the power of image sharing.
On the other hand, video sharing sites like YouTube, Vimeo, and Tik Tok have transformed how we watch, create, and consume video content. These platforms have revolutionized the medium into something within reach. More than that, they help creators make content and share it online easily, without having to consult the services of professional video editors. You can utilize these media sharing sites to:
- Build communities and get your phenomenal content out there.
- By creating and sharing your content, you can motivate and engage your consumers while bonding over a shared interest.
4. Social Blogging Networks- Publish Content Online
It happens that a post or picture isn’t enough to get your message out there. But then, not everyone appreciates the sheer amount of effort it takes to run a blog from a self-hosted site. Social blogging networks, such as Tumblr and Medium, provide individuals with space to express their opinions and link them up with readers. Moreover, these social blogging networks offer an audience and, at the same time, allocating a lot of room for customization and self-expression.
5. Discussion Networks – Share News and Ideas
While significant and eye-opening discussions take place on Facebook and Twitter, it is discussion forums, such as Quora and Reddit, that are exclusively for deeper conversations about different subjects. Anyone on the platforms can ask questions or answer other users’ questions. As a result, these platforms attract various people who are seeking answers or hoping to share their knowledge of specific subjects. So how can you use these discussion sites for your business? Here’s how:
- Reddit, which happens to be the most popular discussion forum, consists of various sub-communities. With some research, you can obtain and engage individuals within your line of work, find out what their questions are, and use this as a basis for your content advertising strategy.
- With Quora, users will post all kinds of questions, and if you give a comprehensive answer or solution, you could easily establish yourself as a pro in your niche and steer more traffic to your website by linking back to your products or services through the answers.
As you can see, social media platforms come in many different flavors. You can tap into all of them in various ways to elevate your business and connect with your target demographics. Set clear goals about what you’d like to accomplish, reason productively, and above all, keep it human because, after all, social media is all about human interaction.