We Need You to Help Us Choose a
Sustainability Bill of Rights
for Santa Monica to Protect our Clean Water, Air and Land
and a Move to Amend Resolution!
Why? Big corporations are dominating people, Nature and our democracy.
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
5:30 p.m. Rally
Support Sustainability Bill of Rights on the steps of City Hall
Santa Monica City Council Meeting
Santa Monica City Hall
1685 Main Street
Council Chambers, 2nd Floor
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Join with us, Santa Monica Neighbors Unite!
Urge our city council to agree!
email@example.com or (310) 458-8201
Just US—making sure that our community rights and the rights of Nature thrive so we survive!
For more information and to RSVP reach Cris Gutierrez
Crispeace@earthlink.net or (310) 487-1782
In 1994, Santa Monica established the city’s first comprehensive Sustainability Plan. The city and community have worked hard to protect the natural ecosystems that make life possible. It is time for these sustainability goals to be legal, enforceable obligations and not just voluntary intentions.
Highlights of the SBR ordinance:
- Mandates city decisions be guided by environmental concerns;
- Protects the right of people, over corporations, to access clean air, land, and water;
- 100% self-sufficiency in development of a local water supply by 2020;
- 100% sustainable net renewable energy used in the City by 2020;
- 50% increase by 2020 in total miles of bike paths and bike lanes over 2005 levels;
- 25% of the food sold in the City originating from sustainable food systems.
Read the current draft of a Sustainability Bill of Rights ordinance for Santa Monica.
Make contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 487-1782
Santa Monica Blue Bus Lines #2, #3, #4 and #8 serve City Hall.
Free parking (w/validation) on Olympic Drive, in the Civic Center Parking Structure