A Nurse’s Guide to the Apocalypse
Whether it’s zombies, climate change, nuclear winter,or an asteroid — here’s what a nurse needs to know about the apocalypse.
- Tropical areas will be hit the hardest by climate change first.
- Indonesia is expected to experience major weather pattern changes and rising water by the 2020′s.
- By 2027 global temperatures will regularly be equivalent to the highest on record from 1860-2005.
Needed for the apocalypse:
- Inhalers and asthma medication for decreased air quality.
- Aid packs, IV’s, stomach pumps for increased food and water degradation.
- Allergy meds for increased allergen levels.
- Tubs of Ice for heat stroke.
- Trauma kits for increasingly severe weather disasters.
Many climate refugees will live in horrible conditions:
- 2008–20 million climate refugees.
- 2050–200 million climate refugees.
- Exacerbating medical conditions.
A collision as large as the one that wiped out the dinosaurs would definitely need nursing aid.
Collision that created the Chicxulub crater in Mexico 65 million years ago:
2 million times more powerful than a hydrogen bomb.
- Ground Displacement
- Seismic and volcanic activity
- Wiping out 70% of life on Earth
- (including all non-avian dinosaurs)
- By baking dinosaurs to death within days from ejected material in the sky
And then longer term cooling.
- Burn kits
- Trauma Kits
- Then hypothermia kits.
- A 10+ kiloton explosion sends small un-fissioned particles into the stratosphere.
- For Comparison: Tsar Bomba, the largest hydrogen bomb ever made was 58 MEGATONS.
- Or 5800 times larger than the 10 kiloton threshold.
The radioactive dust then travels through the atmosphere.
- Nuclear Winter from blocked sunlight
- Poisoning of food and water
- Radiation poisoning for exposed humans.
- Radiation Shields
- Haz-Mat Suits
- Chemo therapy equipment
There are myriad types of Zombie attacks that could spell our doom…
And increase our need for nurses!
- Any human that dies after a slow zombie apocalypse is reanimated.
- Zombie bites kill in a matter of days.
- Slow, silent, intelligent in an animal way.
- Living but infected. Fast but weak.
Can be killed with:
- Chest Wounds
- Bleeding Out
- Or the Infection itself
Hospitals will be prime targets for zombie expansion.
As the end looms, it looks like we’re going to need some more nurses!