WHO: With Harvey Wasserman, Terrence McNally, Mimi Kennedy and almost in person, Greg Palast. Special Guest: Brad Friedman. And guest star, comic Genius Rick Overton
WHEN: Thursday, October 4th at 7 PM
WHERE: Van Nuys. Address with RSVP.
TICKETS: $20 INCLUDES WINE, HORS D”OERVES
RSVP required: firstname.lastname@example.org
Will the GOP Steal America’s 2012 Election? is a question….and a
challenge … for you. It’s up to you to prevent theft. Get informed, then put
on a badge. If you don’t join the Democracy posse, who will?
Six basic factors make this year’s theft a possibility:
- The power of corporate money, now vastly enhanced by the US Supreme Court’s Citizens’ United decisions
- The Electoral College, which narrows the number of votes needed to be moved to swing a presidential election
- The systematic disenfranchisement of—according to the Brennan Center—ten million or more citizens (a million in Ohio alone), most of whom would otherwise be likely to vote Democratic;
- The accelerating use of electronic voting machines, which make election theft a relatively simple task for those who control them, including their owners and operators, who are predominantly Republican
- The GOP control of nine of the governorships in the dozen swing states that will decide the outcome of the 2012 campaign
- The likelihood that the core of the activist “election protection” community that turned out in droves to monitor the vote for Barack Obama in 2008 has not been energized by his presidency and is thus unlikely to work for him again in 2012.
We believe these problems can be solved. We believe a fair and reliable electoral system can be achieved in this country. But we also know that it will take a huge shift in the balance of power — that shift can only be won with a massive grassroots upheaval.
If any of this rings true to you, please join us. All are welcome!
Copyright 2012 LA Progressive